APOTECAchemo is a robotic system capable of weighing the active ingredients and solutions, reconstituting powdered drugs preparing syringes, bags and other final containers while safely loading and unloading the materials and preparations.
- APOTECAchemo fully automates the complex and critical tasks associated with preparations of intravenous chemotherapeutic compounds.
- APOTECAchemo provides for patient safety. Patients are protected by a unified, redundant safety system of technological advances such as automatic recognition of products, an automated weighing system and a barcode labeling process for total accuracy.
- APOTECAchemo ensures sterility by utilizing five HEPA filters with total air exchanges every 2.3 seconds. This results in a self contained chamber for ISO 5 compliance (in accordance with ISO 14644).
- APOTECAchemo also ensures safety for the pharmacy staff. The staff is protected from vapors and accidental exposure by restricting interaction with high risk medications. The compounding process takes place in a negative pressure, closed chamber, designed to prevent and contain any form of contamination.
- APOTECAchemo further enhances the accountability of the provider institution with a fully automated audit trail with the ability to define process surveillance alerts, intelligent workflow queuing and robust reporting for operational analytics. This is potentially helpful with risk management and clinical trials data reporting.
Link to APOTECAchemo video preview.